Friday, September 5, 2014

High Five Fall Friday

Hahaha!!! It's not actually fall. I walked out of my house today into the steamiest summer day of the year. But the kids went back to school this week so there's that.

I didn't get around the virtual world as much as I would have liked this week, but here are a few things that penetrated my orbital lobes.


via Design Indulgence
1. Kitchen Before & After
I have kitchens on the brain since we are working on our own, but did you see the one that Sherry posted this week??? The dark cherry befores are here and sources here. The deal on that sub-zero fridge, the different paint colors, and the lighting and hardware all blow me away. As well as the fact that the homeowners did the work themselves. That sounds familiar...


2. Table and chairs
Classes at our local university (my alma mater) have resumed for fall semester, and this batch of tables is for sale in the Surplus Store. I think one of these tables would look amazing with a set of wishbone chairs. The chartreuse one is from Design Within Reach and the green is from Amazon. The chartreuse is hard to resist except that it costs $855 and has a 12-14 week shipping window. You could buy seven of the Amazon chairs for that price... The table, though, is a steal at $55.

via Little Black Door



3. Use What You Have Makeover
Did you wonder all weekend what color Elizabeth was going to paint her wicker console table?? The answer has been revealed! And so has her amazing new office. I love that she chose to use only what she already to make this room a bright and cheerful place to work!



Heat

4. Can You Feel the Heat??
I love my hair stylist (in fact, he was my #3 on my gratitude challenge list today), but he is in demand. So, about the time I was wishing a Drybar would open here in my city, an amazing new business was launched. It's called Heat Blow Dry and Boutique and is located just down the street from my house. Do you hear the angels singing?!? Getting a blow-out before the weekend or at the start of a new week is a perfect way to make life so much easier. Anyhoo, they have been open about a month and are hosting a Grand Opening Celebration on Wednesday, September 10 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Locals should definitely check it out!


via Jones Design Company

5. Flower Craft
I don't tend to think of myself as crafty. After all I can't sew and I can't knit, despite several friends patiently teaching me again and again. I'm finding it hard to do any crafting. (Did you read this to the tune of Barry Manilow's Can't Smile Without You??). But I think I could handle this cute flower craft from Jones Design Company. It looks easy and I like that it's a great way to use up all the gorgeous catalogs I'm not going to buy anything from. 


Happy weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...