The midway point for any project seems to inspire a crisis of confidence. Yes??? Anyway that's where I am for week three. But I will carry on and it will be so worth it in the end.
The taming of this shrub is just about the only tangible thing I got done for this week.
It still overhangs the door a bit.
It is more top-heavy than I would have liked and there is this empty spot, all of which has to do with how the branches were growing, I think.
But whatevs, moving on...
On the left we have the current door sitch. On the right, a rough mockup of what it would look like without the storm door. So much better right?! Especially with the new house number feature. But the door needs something. Texture perhaps. And the step desperately needs to be re-painted.
Coming inside, this is as far as I've gotten with the powder room stenciling. I listened to the words of encouragement from y'all and definitely think I want to go forward with the ceiling. But there are ways to make the stenciling easier, I think.
Finally, my last problem. I want to hang the green velvet drapes I showed you last week here on either side of the front door. The only problem are those bulkheads. If I hang a curtain rod low enough to go beneath where the two intersect, we won't get the door open. If I hang it above, the rod won't go all the way to the other wall. I've already purchased the drapes, though, and there's no way I'm giving up. The drapes will give the space such a rich, luxe feel.
So, here's to hoping that I have