Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday I'm in Love: Craig's List Finds

Ah, Craig's List. I love it. Scrolling through furniture listings for my area is one of my favorite things to do on my kindle. CL is just like the classifieds of old... But with "missed connections" and sometimes a murder or two

Anyway, it's the power of imagination, elbow grease, and thriftiness that are the true subjects of today's Friday I'm in Love. 



Take our first item. A standard looking microwave cart, circa the 1980s. However, this is exactly what I need for my art cabinet in the dining room. It's exactly the right size for that corner (I measured). My family had one of these when I was growing up. I have such fond memories of the satisfying little click of the magnet latch when the cabinets closed. :) 

With some paint and new handles, this baby can be born into a new century!


Then there is this large mirror, for sale for a few weeks now, which I totally do not get. The seller doesn't list the dimensions, but that's okay. I am sure it would be just the right size over my newly painted former microwave cart. Maybe I'd even add a bit of gold leaf rub-n-buff to a few spots for some shazam.

And then, there is this BEAUT!


It's an aerial photo/map of Marco Island, Florida, where lovey and I spent a week last summer. A very special romantic place AND just the right colors for our bedroom. But--and this is the best part!!--I don't like that there is no mat. So I would re-frame the Marco Island print and use the brushed gold metal frame (with a mat) elsewhere. Two for one! 

Perhaps I'd use it in the re-decorated dining room. Perhaps to properly frame this print I bought from Jones Design Company awhile back. The talented lady Jones is so happy to be headed to Florida herself that she's offering everything 50% off until Sunday. Coincidence?? Or the magic of the universe...

3 comments:

  1. I love CL, and that cart will be a real before/after story, for sure. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...