What to do? Find some things that make me happy!
1. The Cars Complete Greatest Hits downloaded to my iPhone. They're cool again since they played Lollapalooza a few years ago... Who am I kidding? I've always loved The Cars.
2. A story by Khaled Hosseini about Candlestick Park. Interesting sports article written by the author of The Kite Runner. You don't have to know anything about football to enjoy the way he strings words together.
|via Pawley's Island Posh|
3. Thinking about how to switch up my pantry to organize by meal like this one. Then make some healthy meal plans for the fam.
4. Some (new to us) cop shows like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, a comedy, and Almost Human, which is set in the future with an empathic robot. Revolution is back, and they mentioned my town--East Lansing--this week! And, looking forward to the start of Downton Abbey: Season 4, waiting on my DVR. Gretchen Rubin has some points for how to not let TV ruin your life. As if...
|Ashley Whittaker via The Glam Pad|
5. Even though I would definitely say that snow is my jam, I wouldn't mind some warmer weather. Since I can't fast-forward to summer, Florida it will have to be, in particular the photos of Ashley Whittaker's Gulf Stream house on The Glam Pad.
6. Thinking deep thoughts about my own ordinary life.
Finally, I've had a fragment of a quote in mind for a long time about "growing strong in the broken places." I didn't know where it was from until this week. It's part of a passage from Ernest Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms.
"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."Yikes. What do you have planned for this weekend? TGIF??